Do you want to grow your business while supporting your community?
WorkBC Customized Employment Services connects employers with employees to create customized, meaningful employment
Benefits of Hiring Through Our Service
- Get the Job Done | In a study of 811 employees with a disability, 82% rated average or above average for job performance
- Engage Your Employees and New Customers | 22% of Canadians have a disability. Build a diverse workforce and grow a diverse customer base
- Recognition for Corporate Social Responsibility | Customers reward inclusive employers with loyalty. We’re excited to partner with you, and regularly promote the inclusive employers we work with
- On-the-Job Coaching | We offer one-on-one support for your new employee during training if needed
- Work Safely | Workers with disabilities rated average or better for safety records on and off the job and experience fewer disabling injuries than their co-workers
How it Works
- Discovery | Discovery is a strength-based, individualized, approach that helps participants realize their full potential. Participants work with us to discover their interests and abilities for the job.
- Job Search | Participants work with our Job Developer to find suitable job that benefits both the employer and participant. A job is negotiated to benefit both Employer and Participant.
- On-the-job Traning | A Job Coach supports your new employee during the beginning to ensure a smooth transition. Communication and support remains available to ensure long term success.